SweepPress is an easy-to-use plugin for WordPress, built around 30 different Sweepers for database cleanup (Pro version has 33), support for WP-CLI, and WP REST API to perform the cleanup operations.
Modes of sweeping
- Auto Sweep: available on the dashboard, running many (not all) sweepers without user input.
- Quick Sweep: available on the dashboard, allowing selection of the sweepers to run.
- Full Sweep: available on own panel, with detailed information about sweepers and no limit run.
All sweepers use optimized SQL queries to find the data for removal, and the removal is also done using SQL queries. This is the fastest and most efficient way for data removal, allowing for the quick removal of a large amount of data.
Quick Video Overview
List of Sweepers
- Posts: Auto Drafts
- Posts: Spam Content
- Posts: Trashed Content
- Posts: Posts Revisions
- Posts: Posts Orphaned Revisions
- Posts: Postmeta Locks
- Posts: Postmeta Last Edits
- Posts: Postmeta Oembeds
- Posts: Postmeta Orphans
- Comments: Spam Comments
- Comments: Trashed Comments
- Comments: Unapproved Comments
- Comments: Orphaned Comments
- Comments: Comments User Agents
- Comments: Commentmeta Orphans
- Comments: Pingbacks Cleanup
- Comments: Trackbacks Cleanup
- Comments: Akismet Meta Records (v1.1)
- Terms: Terms Orphans
- Terms: Termmeta Orphans
- Users: Usermeta Orphans
- Options: Expired Transients
- Options: RSS Feeds
- Options: All Transients
- Options: CRON Jobs
- Network: Expired Transients
- Network: All Transients
- Network: Inactive Signups (v2.0)
- Database: Optimize Database Tables
- Database: Repair Database Tables (v1.6)
WP-CLI and WP REST API Support
The plugin registers new CLI commands for running sweep operations from the command line (WP-CLI is required). And, the plugin also registers the REST API endpoint for the same purpose to run remote sweep operations (only for administrator role!). CLI and REST API support can be enabled through plugin settings.
SweepPress Lite edition available on WordPress.org is a fully functional plugin, and there are no limits to its operations. But, SweepPress Pro contains some additional features not available in the Lite version:
- Create and manage Sweeper Jobs: create custom background sweeper jobs to run at a specific date, or as a recurring job.
- Control and track WordPress CRON jobs: list all the WordPress CRON jobs, track and display the source, and more.
- Sweeper Monitor: monitor website for cleanup daily or weekly, and send notifications when sweeping limit is reached.
- Database Tables: overview of all tables in the database with source information and various actions for better control.
- Sweeper File Log: log every sweeper execution into log file with all sweeper/removal SQL queries executed by each used sweeper.
- GravityForms Support: three additional sweepers to remove all trashed forms, spammed and trash entries by form.
More exclusive Pro features will be coming with the future updates. Upgrade to SweepPress Pro.
The plugin will show the backup reminder notice by default (and it can be disabled) on every plugin page. It is essential to understand that once the data is deleted by the plugin, it can’t be restored. So, if you change your mind later, it is important to make the backup before the data removal. SweepPress plugin is not responsible for any loss of data – make sure to have backups!
Plugin Home Page
- Learn more about the plugin: SweepPress
- Plugin knowledge base and support: SweepPress on Dev4Press
- PHP: 7.3 or newer
- Plugin doesn’t work with PHP 7.2 or older versions.
- WordPress: 5.5 or newer
- Plugin doesn’t work with WordPress 5.4 or older versions.
- Plugin folder in the WordPress plugins should be
sweeppressfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Plugin adds new top level menu called ‘SweepPress’.
- Check all the plugin settings before using the plugin.
Where can I configure the plugin?
The plugin adds top level ‘SweepPress’ panel in WordPress Admin menu.
यह खुला स्रोत सॉफ्टवेयर है। अनुगामी लोगो ने इस प्लगइन के लिए योगदान दिया है।योगदानकर्ता
“SweepPress” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “SweepPress” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- New: sweeper: multisite wp_signups table
- Edit: few more improvements in calculating estimates size
- Edit: expanded content displayed in WordPress Help panel
- Edit: CLI subcommands: improved information returned
- Edit: CLI command: now with main description included
- Fix: REST API results: shows HTML tags for size estimate
- Fix: REST API endpoints: additional information for arguments
- Fix: CLI command list: shows HTML tags for size estimate column
- Fix: CLI subcommands: few problems with the help information
- Fix: CLI results: few issues with labels and formatting
- New: sweepers on sweep panels have new toggle to list affected tables
- Edit: improved data size estimate calculation for NULL values
- Edit: Dev4Press Library 3.9.3
- Fix: statistics logging puts Sweep panel results under Quick
- Fix: statistics panel filter is throwing fatal error on load
- Fix: comments by status sweeper not taking comment type into account
- Fix: changelog link from the what’s new about panel not working
- New: tested with WordPress 6.1
- New: tested with PHP 8.1 and 8.2
- Edit: all grid panels improved with new library base class
- Edit: various small styling updates and improvements
- Edit: Dev4Press Library 3.9.1
- New: sweeper: repair broken database tables
- New: alternative methods for the database tables optimization
- New: run analyze method after the database tables optimization
- New: each sweeper includes plugin version when it was added
- Edit: updated information for some sweepers
- Edit: database status code with better views exclusion process
- Edit: improved statistics panel collected data display
- Edit: several minor updates to the core objects
- Edit: information about the new Monitor feature in Pro edition
- Fix: potential division by zero issue with the size calculations
- Fix: problem with the uppercase database table names
- Fix: sweepers missing with WordPress 6.0
- Fix: sweepers missing with ClassicPress 1.4
- Edit: improved layout for the plugin dashboard
- Edit: d4pLib 3.8
- Fix: responsive layout issue with auto sweep box
- New: panel with list of all sweepers and where they can be used
- Edit: updated information in the Help areas for various panels
- Edit: updated information about screenshots
- Edit: updated several plugin screenshots
- Edit: several updates to the readme file
- New: show list of affected tables more prominently inside help area
- New: show percentage of the data to be removed compared to affected tables size
- Edit: many improvements to the sweepers core classes
- Edit: improved query for calculation of tables to optimize
- Edit: calculation of tables to optimize takes index into account
- Edit: expanded help information for some sweepers
- Edit: expanded information for some plugin settings
- Edit: several minor styling and layout tweaks and improvements
- Edit: d4pLib 3.7.4
- Removed: few unused and obsolete functions and methods
- Fix: minor issue with database fragmentation calculation
- New: sweeper: akismet meta records removal
- Fix: minor issue with the translations format
- First official release