This plugin is a WPML addon that detects the user country and shows his country flag next to the available languages.
You can also redirect visitors based on visitor country if user locale translation exists. E.g if you have a language with locale code
en_US, the code can be devided into the language part ‘en’ and the geographical part ‘US’.
This plugin has an option to redirect according to the geographical parts of the locale codes of the languages served on your WPML translated site.
The Native WPML language switcher CSS for the footer and widget are used to preserve brand consistency.
How usefull is this?
To get a clear picture of how usefull this is, see the language switcher used by pay pal
How to use it
There are two ways of showing the langauge switcher.
1- Using the widget (available in wp-admin>appearance>widgets)
2- Enabling the WPML Country Detector switcher in the footer from the settings in WPML>languages
for quick support, submit a support ticket here
To keep up to date with the latest WordPress translation, localization and Internationalization news, subscribe to our blog at Zanto
or follow Zanto on twitter and influence what gets developed next!
For more free and premium multilingual plugins for WPML, and Zanto visit our Multilingual plugins page. all GPL
- Language Switcher Widget that shows user country flag
- Footer language Swicher with user country flag and available langauges
- User redirection to the appropriate language locale based on the user country
-Upload the Plugin to your blog and activate it like any other WordPress plugin.
Note: WPML plugin must be installed first.
– Go to WPML > Languages and configure the settings under “Country Detector Addon Options”
– To use country redirect option, make sure browser language redirect is disabled.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
यह खुला स्रोत सॉफ्टवेयर है। अनुगामी लोगो ने इस प्लगइन के लिए योगदान दिया है।योगदानकर्ता
Interested in development?
- Initial commit
- Bug fixes ip wasn’t being used