This plugin offers you the possibility to have a small icon, in front of each blog entries, news headlines, website articles… in your RSS / Atom feeds.
The image thumbnail is automatically detected by aggregators (like Netvibes) and is automatically displayed, which gives a more professional look to your RSS feed.
The plugin used the feed ‘enclosure’ tag functionality to display media.
Visit bonplangratos.fr/wp/insert-rss-thumbnails for more details and features.
It is easy to use:
– You upload a picture (ideally not to big) in your WP media library gallery
– You specify the path of this picture in the meta-data field named ‘thumbnail’ in your posts
– And that rocks
You do that for each post, and a thumbnail will be automatically added in front of each of your RSS articles.
You can also ask the plugin to look for images in your post or display a default image (if there is no thumbnail specified).
This plugin is fully compatible with the feedburner plugin, which redirects your main feed to feedburner.com and enable you to insert ads, track visitors…
Plugin’s Official Site
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
<?php do_action('plugin_name_hook'); ?>in your templates
- Specify the path of your thumbnails in the custom meta-data field named ‘thumbnail’ of each post.
- Update the options (default thumbnails…) if needed
I do not see any changes:
– RSS will be regenerated only when you update or create a post
– Changes might not be immediately visible if you are using feedburner, which refreshes your feed evey 30 minutes. Use http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/ping to force refresh.
- Screenshots and tuto
There are no reviews for this plugin.
यह खुला स्रोत सॉफ्टवेयर है। अनुगामी लोगो ने इस प्लगइन के लिए योगदान दिया है।योगदानकर्ता
Interested in development?
- Beta release
- I forgot one ‘}’, this is corrected now (blocking issue during the plugin activation)
- new option: possibility to setup a relative path for thumbs URL
- optimization of the code
- search for an image in the post, if no thumbnail