Restrict Categories is a plugin that allows you to select which categories users can view, add, and edit in the Posts edit screen.
This plugin allows you to restrict access based on the user role AND username.
- वर्डप्रैस के प्लगइन मेनू के द्वारा इस प्लगइन को सक्रिय करें
- Go to Settings > Restrict Categories to configure which categories will be restricted for each user and/or role.
- Does this work with custom roles I have created?
Yes! Roles created through plugins like Members will be listed on Settings > Restrict Categories
- Will this prevent my regular visitors from seeing posts?
No. This plugin only affects logged in users in the admin panel.
- I messed up and somehow prevented the Administrator account from seeing certain categories!
Restrict Categories is an opt-in plugin. By default, every role has access to every category, depending on the capabilities.
If you check a category box in a certain role, such as Administrator, you will restrict that role to viewing only those categories.
To fix this, go to Settings > Restrict Categories, uncheck all boxes under the Administrator account and save your changes. You can also click the Reset button to reset all changes to the default configuration.
- How does it work when I’ve selected categories for a role AND a user?
Selecting categories for a user will override the categories you’ve selected for that user’s role.
In other words, Restrict Categories allows you complete control over groups of users while also allowing you to selectively change a setting for a single user.
यह खुला स्रोत सॉफ्टवेयर है। अनुगामी लोगो ने इस प्लगइन के लिए योगदान दिया है।योगदानकर्ता
Version 2.6.4 – Aug 30, 2019
- Fix saving bug
Version 2.6.3 – Jan 28, 2013
- Add “Search Users” feature to Users tab
- Remove check for get_users_of_blog, which was deprecated in WordPress 3.1.
Version 2.6.2 – Aug 14, 2013
- Fix notices in PHP 5.4
Version 2.6.1 – Mar 12, 2013
- Check if array key exists before stripping placeholder to resolve warnings for some servers
Version 2.6 – Mar 11, 2013
- Add “Select All” feature
- Update minimum capability to manage_categories
- Fix bug where users may see all categories in certain cases
- Fix PHP notices
Version 2.5 – Sep 13, 2012
- Fix bug for saving with pagination
Version 2.4 – Jan 17, 2012
- Add pagination controls for Roles and Users. Customize number displayed using the Screen Options tab
Version 2.3 – Aug 17, 2011
- Fix bug where custom taxonomies were being hidden on the Add Post screen
Version 2.2.2 – Jul 13, 2011
- Fix bug where XML-RPC support was broken
Version 2.2.1 – May 19, 2011
- Fix bug where ‘View All’ and ‘Most Popular’ tabs were not set correctly for the Roles screen
Version 2.2 – May 16, 2011
- Fix bug where Pages type was not being displayed in Internal Linking WordPress feature
- Added ‘View All’ and ‘Most Popular’ tabs to each role/user to make it easier to find relevant categories
Version 2.1 – May 10, 2011
- Correct problem that prevented tabbed interface from being uploaded
Version 2.0 – Apr 18, 2011
- Improve the user interface by separating the Roles and Users via tabs
Version 1.9 – Mar 30, 2011
- Added XML-RPC support so categories are restricted using mobile devices and remote applications
Version 1.8 – Mar 12, 2011
- Fix bug for WordPress 3.1 users that broke user restriction.
- Switch code to PHP classes to prevent conflicts with other plugins.
- Now using register_setting to save options instead of custom method.
- Uninstalling/Deleting plugin now removes Restrict Categories database options.
Version 1.7 – Feb 18, 2011
- Fix bug that hid list of images under Gallery tab on Media Uploader.
Version 1.6.1 – Jan 24, 2011
- Fix bug where user restriction was not being applied.
Version 1.6 – Jan 20, 2011
- Added restriction based on username
- Show number of selected categories for each role and username
- Improve reliability of Posts Edit screen query
Version 1.5 – Jan 6, 2011
- Updated user interface
- Fix bug to allow sub-categories
- Fix bug to allow duplicate category names
- Fix bug for categories with single quotes, ampersands, and other encoded characters
Version 1.4 – Nov 29, 2010
- Fix for bug assuming database table prefix
- Improve compatibility with PHP 5.2 and empty array checking
- Added string localization
Version 1.3 – Nov 23, 2010
- Update that removes restricted categories from all terms lists (Category management page, Posts dropdown filter, and New/Edit post category list)
- Fix for “Wrong datatype” bug on checkboxes
Version 1.2 – Nov 8, 2010
- Fix for a bug that would allow restricted users to use the category dropdown filter to gain access to categories
Version 1.1 – Nov 8, 2010
- Updated list of categories to include those that are unassigned
- Fixed a small HTML bug
- Now storing options as an array instead of converting to a string
Version 1.0 – Nov 8, 2010
- Plugin launch!