What does it do?
Post Descriptions lets you add descriptions to posts and pages, which lets you do things like add small to-do’s or don’t-forget’s for your team members or yourself.
How does it work?
Adding post descriptions
Post descriptions can be added from two places:
1. The Edit screen
2. The Quick Edit screen
Checking Post Descriptions
You can check your post descriptions in two places:
1. In the column from your posts or pages admin overview
2. As a post state (the bold text next to your page or post title)
Enabling/disabling Post States
When you add longer descriptions, your admin might get a bit cluttered. In those cases you could disable showing post descriptions in post states with a simple checkbox.
After installing the plugin, you will only see a column added on the posts and pages admin screens. If you go to Settings > Post Descriptions, or click Settings on the Plugins page, you\’ll find a single option to turn on Post States. When you enable them, you\’ll see the description in bold after the page or post title.
यह खुला स्रोत सॉफ्टवेयर है। अनुगामी लोगो ने इस प्लगइन के लिए योगदान दिया है।योगदानकर्ता
- I’m back! Adding new features soon, let me know if you have any wishes. For now I made the code more solid, and changed it to follow WPCS.
- Added functionality to pick a custom color (as the red could get a bit intimidating)
- Fixed: When Post States were disabled, the Quick Edit screen didn’t update the “Important” checkbox
- Added the possibility to mark states as important, making them red (in a future update you’ll be able to choose a custom color)
- Fixed: Iconsistent indentation
- Refactored code to the WordPress Coding Standards (using Yoda conditionals and such)
- Changed the description input to a textarea
- Made a stupid typo, need some sleep, sorry
- Made the plugin translatable
- Updated some strings to be more descriptive
- Add post descriptions to posts and pages
- Disable or enable Post States
- Adds a column for post descriptions to your admin screens