The plugin adds a floating button to your website’s sidebar that can display any reviews and/or testimonials you may have. When a visitor hovers over the button, a sidebar popup displays the reviews/testimonials that they can then scroll through. The popup and button can be styled to match your site, including colours, fonts, button position and shape. All text in the popup and plugin is editable, so you can use any language.
View a Live Demo (In this demo, the button has been positioned bottom left).
You stay in control of which reviews or testimonials are displayed on your website, they aren’t automatically added to your site (so if you get an unfair review, it isn’t automatically displayed on your website!). The reviews/testimonials are manually added by you. They can come from any source, e.g. Google, Facebook, Yelp etc, or from the reviewer directly. In the popup, you can then display who the review came from, what the star rating was (if any) when the review was given, their business name (if any) and the review itself. You can also choose whether to display the popup on mobiles.
If you choose to display the floating button for mobile visitors, the button slides out of view when the mobile user is scrolling down your pages so they can fully view your website’s content, and then reappears when they scroll back up.
- You stay in control of which reviews or testimonials are displayed (they are not automatically populated).
- Fully responsive and mobile friendly.
- All text in the button and popup is editable so you can use any language.
- Any reviews or testimonials can be displayed from any review source, whether they are from Google/Facebook/TrustPilot/Amazon or more, or given to you directly by the reviewer.
- Choose from four positions for the floating button to display left or right, lower left or lower right and choose to display it on or off mobile
- Match the button and popup to your website – choose colors, fonts, button shape, and edit any text.
- Define any pages/posts you don’t want to display the button and popup AND/OR define pages/posts you do want the button and popup to display on.
You can install the plugin easily from inside WordPress:
- Log into WordPress, go to Plugins in the sidebar navigation and click Add New.
- In the search field, search for “Floating Reviews and Testimonials”.
- When the plugin is displayed in the results, click “Install Now”, then Click “Activate”. The plugin will then be added to the sidebar in WordPress called “Reviews”.
Q) Will bad reviews be added to my site?
A) You are in control of which reviews or testimonials are displayed. So if, for example, you receive a one star review that you are disputing with the reviewer, you can simply choose to not publish that review.
Q) Does the plugin support non-English languages?
A) Yes. Whilst the plugin’s admin pages inside WordPress are in English, all elements of the published button and popup that appear on your website are editable by you and so can be in any language you choose.
Q) Can I change the button’s fonts and colors to match my website?
A) Yes, there are various fonts you can choose from (serif and sans serif). You can also choose the exact colors via a color-picker or by inputting the hex code.
Q) Can I dictate which pages the button and popup will be shown on?
A) Yes. There is a blacklist and a whitelist option you can use so you can choose whether you want the reviews and testimonials to be excluded from specific pages or included on specific pages.
Q) How many reviews can be displayed?
A) Any number. The popup will display reviews/testimonials up to the first 10 and then the reader can click to load the next 10, and so on.
Q) Do I have to include a star rating?
A) No. If you don’t want to display a star rating for a review, simply add the review as a testimonial. You can display a mix of starred reviews and testimonials with no star rating, or just starred reviews, or just testimonials with no star rating. You choose!
Q) Can I call the button/popup any name I want rather than ‘Customer Reviews’?
A) Yes, all text on the button and in the popup is editable by you. The button’s text is limited to 18 characters.
Q) Will the button and popup display on mobile devices?
A) You can choose whether you want the button and popup to appear only on desktops/tablets or on mobiles too.
Q) How do I change the order that the reviews/testimonials are displayed in?
A) The order is based on the date that you published the review via the plugin. If you want to change the order, simply edit the date or time that the reviews/testimonial was published to change the order.
Q) Can I delete or hide a review/testimonial?
A) Yes. If you have changed your mind about displaying a review or testimonial that you previously published, you can choose to make that review or testimonial Private (to hide it) or you can delete it.
Q) What if I don’t know all the information about one of my reviews, e.g. the exact date it was given?
A) When adding a review or testimonial, you choose which fields to input and which to leave blank. Also, if you don’t know the exact date for example, you can instead simply enter a month and year rather than a specific date.
यह खुला स्रोत सॉफ्टवेयर है। अनुगामी लोगो ने इस प्लगइन के लिए योगदान दिया है।योगदानकर्ता
Interested in development?
- Plugin recently launched on WordPress directory but has gone through several offline iterations. Fixes included preventing the host site’s styling from affecting the popup’s styling; adding the ability to change the button’s text; moving the mobile popup so it’s flush with the screen edge to reduce the space it takes up.
- Updated documentation.
- Added option to move button to 4 positions on desktop (middle left or right, and lower left or right).
- Added ability for mobile users to hide the button and show the button.
- Made the button length dynamic so it matches the length of the text used in the button.
- Added a blacklist option so the button and popup can be excluded from selected pages.
- Added the ability to choose which pages the reviews/testimonials are displayed on, by including a whitelist feature. This is in addition to the existing ‘blacklist’ feature which also allows you to exclude pages from displaying the reviews/testimonials.
- Small bug fix and made the tappable area that hides the sidebar button on mobile, easier to use.
- Small bug fixes
- Added the ability to incldue line breaks and paragraphs into review text.
- Added animated ‘Loading…’ element to display after clicking the ‘Read more’ link when viewing more reviews/testimonials
- Bug fix for Firefox, for users who downloaded the plugin in February 2021