This plugin automatically converts keywords in a post title to tags upon saving. It includes a user-editable list of words you want the plugin to ignore, which by default includes the more obviously-useless words like “I” or “wasn’t.” You can also reset the list back to defaults by deleting/empty the current list.
- Converts keywords in post titles to tags
- Includes user-editable list of words to be ignored
- Ignore list can be reset to default at any time
- Converts on save, not publish.
- Does not convert if there are already tags assigned.
Multi-blog adminstrators take note: this plugin is especially helpful if you’re building a community-based site where tagging is important and your bloggers are not always diligent about tagging.
AutoTagGeneratordirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Open the Settings->Auto Tag Generator menu to configure.
- That’s it. Every new post will now be automatically tagged.
- Does this plugin convert all words in the title?
No. There is a user-configurable list of ignore words, pre-populated with a host of common words, which can be used to fine-tune the resulting tags.
- Will this plugin overwrite my existing tags?
No. The plugin checks for the existence of tags, and if there are none, writes them based on the title.
- When are the tags added? At publish or save?
Tags are added to the post when it is saved, whether as a draft, update or by publishing, but not when the post is autosaved.
- Is there a way to reset the list of ignored words back to the original?
Yes. Simply delete the current list of ignore words, and plugin will replace the list with its default ignore words collection (fmzac_ignore_words.txt)
- Will this plugin put tags on my old posts?
Yes and No. It will not handle the process automatically, but if there is no tag assigned before then upon updating post, it will generate tags.
यह खुला स्रोत सॉफ्टवेयर है। अनुगामी लोगो ने इस प्लगइन के लिए योगदान दिया है।योगदानकर्ता
Interested in development?